Friday 9 September 2011

Love from Life

You can't legislate intelligence and common sense into people.

The longest battle waged in the history of time, that has lasted the entire length of human existence, has been the war of

INTELLIGENCE
VS
COMMON SENSE

Among our Neanderthal predecessors, common sense was coming out on top every time. They couldn't find the length of the hypotenuse, but they had figured out that hitting passing animals with rocks made for tasty meals.
Intelligence 0 Common Sense 1.
Fortunately for people like me, society has developed, and it's no longer a pre-requisite for me to know how to start a fire using two sticks and my imagination. Kudos to Mr Blaisdell for inventing the Zippo lighter.

School teaches us many things, and I'll put my hand up and be the first to admit to being a big fan of education. However, I also have to admit that, throughout my lifetime, events have occurred that no amount of "AMO AMAS AMAT" chanting has helped with. These are the common sense requirements, personal battles that we face every day that schools across the globe didn't deem worth mentioning.

Why won't this toilet flush?
How do I use this confusing kitchen utensil?
Should I shout at this random man?

I think I love learning these lessons even more than learning about Napoleon. So here are some things I've learnt along the way. I hope this information comes to you before it's too late.

Dear Emily,

Here's a lesson.

Love from Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment